Jun 8, 2013, 12:51 AM EDT
Cliff Lee, though understated, is a character. He famously shrugged off making an important catch in the first game of the 2009 World Series. He never looks more excited than when he’s in the batter’s box and subsequently able to run the bases. You can add retrieving food from the stands to the list.
While he was in the on-deck circle taking warm-up cuts in the top of the seventh inning during tonight’s game with the Brewers, he walked towards the fans next to the dugout and took a Twizzler from a fan wearing a Brewers jersey. The Twizzler, however, did not grant Lee any magical powers as he grounded out for the second out of the inning, and ended up forking over his two-run lead in the bottom half of the seventh.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)