Jun 8, 2013, 12:51 AM EST
Cliff Lee, though understated, is a character. He famously shrugged off making an important catch in the first game of the 2009 World Series. He never looks more excited than when he’s in the batter’s box and subsequently able to run the bases. You can add retrieving food from the stands to the list.
While he was in the on-deck circle taking warm-up cuts in the top of the seventh inning during tonight’s game with the Brewers, he walked towards the fans next to the dugout and took a Twizzler from a fan wearing a Brewers jersey. The Twizzler, however, did not grant Lee any magical powers as he grounded out for the second out of the inning, and ended up forking over his two-run lead in the bottom half of the seventh.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)