Jun 8, 2013, 12:51 AM EDT
Cliff Lee, though understated, is a character. He famously shrugged off making an important catch in the first game of the 2009 World Series. He never looks more excited than when he’s in the batter’s box and subsequently able to run the bases. You can add retrieving food from the stands to the list.
While he was in the on-deck circle taking warm-up cuts in the top of the seventh inning during tonight’s game with the Brewers, he walked towards the fans next to the dugout and took a Twizzler from a fan wearing a Brewers jersey. The Twizzler, however, did not grant Lee any magical powers as he grounded out for the second out of the inning, and ended up forking over his two-run lead in the bottom half of the seventh.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11