Jun 8, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Rays prospect Wil Myers could be promoted to the big leagues within the next 10 days, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden. The Rays acquired Myers in the trade that sent James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. With Triple-A Durham, Myers entered today’s game with an .841 OPS with ten home runs in 257 plate appearances. He hit homers 11 and 12 this afternoon’s game against Louisville.
Myers was rated the #4 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 7
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)