Jun 8, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
Rays prospect Wil Myers could be promoted to the big leagues within the next 10 days, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden. The Rays acquired Myers in the trade that sent James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. With Triple-A Durham, Myers entered today’s game with an .841 OPS with ten home runs in 257 plate appearances. He hit homers 11 and 12 this afternoon’s game against Louisville.
Myers was rated the #4 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)