Jun 8, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Rays prospect Wil Myers could be promoted to the big leagues within the next 10 days, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden. The Rays acquired Myers in the trade that sent James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. With Triple-A Durham, Myers entered today’s game with an .841 OPS with ten home runs in 257 plate appearances. He hit homers 11 and 12 this afternoon’s game against Louisville.
Myers was rated the #4 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)