Jun 8, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Rays prospect Wil Myers could be promoted to the big leagues within the next 10 days, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden. The Rays acquired Myers in the trade that sent James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. With Triple-A Durham, Myers entered today’s game with an .841 OPS with ten home runs in 257 plate appearances. He hit homers 11 and 12 this afternoon’s game against Louisville.
Myers was rated the #4 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)