Jun 8, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Rays prospect Wil Myers could be promoted to the big leagues within the next 10 days, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden. The Rays acquired Myers in the trade that sent James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. With Triple-A Durham, Myers entered today’s game with an .841 OPS with ten home runs in 257 plate appearances. He hit homers 11 and 12 this afternoon’s game against Louisville.
Myers was rated the #4 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the 2013 season.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)