Jun 8, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Rockies have added starter Jeff Francis back to the roster from the 15-day disabled list. Francis had missed three weeks with a strained left groin. In eight starts, the lefty had a 6.00 ERA in 36 innings of work. He will start tonight against the Padres, opposing Eric Stults.
In a corresponding move, the Rockies designated starter Jon Garland for assignment, per Troy Renck. They had signed the right-hander to a Minor League contract at the end of March and broke camp with him, but he did not fare well in his first time back in the Majors since 2011. The 33-year-old Garland posted a 5.82 ERA in 68 innings spanning 12 starts.
Renck also reports that Tyler Colvin is with the team today from Triple-A Colorado Springs, where he had a .919 OPS in 226 trips to the plate. The Rockies have optioned Josh Outman, currently sitting on a 4.94 ERA, to make room for Colvin on the roster.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)