Jun 8, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The Rockies have added starter Jeff Francis back to the roster from the 15-day disabled list. Francis had missed three weeks with a strained left groin. In eight starts, the lefty had a 6.00 ERA in 36 innings of work. He will start tonight against the Padres, opposing Eric Stults.
In a corresponding move, the Rockies designated starter Jon Garland for assignment, per Troy Renck. They had signed the right-hander to a Minor League contract at the end of March and broke camp with him, but he did not fare well in his first time back in the Majors since 2011. The 33-year-old Garland posted a 5.82 ERA in 68 innings spanning 12 starts.
Renck also reports that Tyler Colvin is with the team today from Triple-A Colorado Springs, where he had a .919 OPS in 226 trips to the plate. The Rockies have optioned Josh Outman, currently sitting on a 4.94 ERA, to make room for Colvin on the roster.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)