Jun 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
After sitting out the 2011 season and undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2012, Jeremy Bonderman was completely off the radar coming into this season. However, after being called up to join the Mariners’ rotation late last month, Bonderman is finally back in the win column.
Bonderman held the Yankees to one run on three hits over six innings last night as part of a 4-1 victory at Safeco Field. It gave him his first win in the majors since September 8, 2010 as a member of the Tigers.
Bonderman struck out two and walked one in the surprising effort. The 30-year-old gave up one run in the first inning on a ground out and was at 50 pitches through two innings, but he managed to retire 14 out of the final 15 batters he faced.
The only offense for the Mariners came on a pair of two-run singles by Brendan Ryan and Jason Bay against Hiroki Kuroda in the fourth inning. Bay, another comeback story of sorts, has eight homers and a .748 OPS through 47 games this season. He had a .687 OPS during his time in New York.
Your Friday box scores:
Braves 1, Dodgers 2 (10 innings)
Angels/Red Sox – PPD
Marlins/Mets – PPD
Twins/Nationals – PPD
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)