Jun 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
After sitting out the 2011 season and undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2012, Jeremy Bonderman was completely off the radar coming into this season. However, after being called up to join the Mariners’ rotation late last month, Bonderman is finally back in the win column.
Bonderman held the Yankees to one run on three hits over six innings last night as part of a 4-1 victory at Safeco Field. It gave him his first win in the majors since September 8, 2010 as a member of the Tigers.
Bonderman struck out two and walked one in the surprising effort. The 30-year-old gave up one run in the first inning on a ground out and was at 50 pitches through two innings, but he managed to retire 14 out of the final 15 batters he faced.
The only offense for the Mariners came on a pair of two-run singles by Brendan Ryan and Jason Bay against Hiroki Kuroda in the fourth inning. Bay, another comeback story of sorts, has eight homers and a .748 OPS through 47 games this season. He had a .687 OPS during his time in New York.
Your Friday box scores:
Braves 1, Dodgers 2 (10 innings)
Angels/Red Sox – PPD
Marlins/Mets – PPD
Twins/Nationals – PPD
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)