Jun 9, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after sitting out three weeks with biceps tendinitis. But he’s back on the shelf again.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that Ogando was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to inflammation in his right (throwing) shoulder. Josh Lindblom was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move and will start in Ogando’s place on Monday evening against the Indians.
The hope is that Ogando will be ready to return when his 15 days are up, but shoulder issues are tricky.
Ogando, 29, has registered a 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 43/22 K/BB ratio in 55 1/3 innings this season. The Rangers are also without starters Matt Harrison (back), Colby Lewis (elbow) and Neftali Feliz (elbow).
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)