Jun 9, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
Alexi Ogando was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after sitting out three weeks with biceps tendinitis. But he’s back on the shelf again.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that Ogando was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to inflammation in his right (throwing) shoulder. Josh Lindblom was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move and will start in Ogando’s place on Monday evening against the Indians.
The hope is that Ogando will be ready to return when his 15 days are up, but shoulder issues are tricky.
Ogando, 29, has registered a 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 43/22 K/BB ratio in 55 1/3 innings this season. The Rangers are also without starters Matt Harrison (back), Colby Lewis (elbow) and Neftali Feliz (elbow).
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)