Jun 9, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
Alexi Ogando was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after sitting out three weeks with biceps tendinitis. But he’s back on the shelf again.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that Ogando was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to inflammation in his right (throwing) shoulder. Josh Lindblom was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move and will start in Ogando’s place on Monday evening against the Indians.
The hope is that Ogando will be ready to return when his 15 days are up, but shoulder issues are tricky.
Ogando, 29, has registered a 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 43/22 K/BB ratio in 55 1/3 innings this season. The Rangers are also without starters Matt Harrison (back), Colby Lewis (elbow) and Neftali Feliz (elbow).
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)