Jun 9, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
Alexi Ogando was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after sitting out three weeks with biceps tendinitis. But he’s back on the shelf again.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that Ogando was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to inflammation in his right (throwing) shoulder. Josh Lindblom was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move and will start in Ogando’s place on Monday evening against the Indians.
The hope is that Ogando will be ready to return when his 15 days are up, but shoulder issues are tricky.
Ogando, 29, has registered a 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 43/22 K/BB ratio in 55 1/3 innings this season. The Rangers are also without starters Matt Harrison (back), Colby Lewis (elbow) and Neftali Feliz (elbow).
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)