Jun 9, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Alexi Ogando was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after sitting out three weeks with biceps tendinitis. But he’s back on the shelf again.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that Ogando was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday due to inflammation in his right (throwing) shoulder. Josh Lindblom was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move and will start in Ogando’s place on Monday evening against the Indians.
The hope is that Ogando will be ready to return when his 15 days are up, but shoulder issues are tricky.
Ogando, 29, has registered a 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 43/22 K/BB ratio in 55 1/3 innings this season. The Rangers are also without starters Matt Harrison (back), Colby Lewis (elbow) and Neftali Feliz (elbow).
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)