Jun 9, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will be taken off of the 15-day disabled list tomorrow, reports MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez. Bourjos had been on the disabled list since the end of April due to a strained left hamstring. He had been hitting well, sitting on an .827 OPS prior to his injury.
In the absence of Bourjos, Mike Trout returned to center field and was also recently moved to the lead-off spot in the Angel batting order. It sounds like Bourjos will get his old spot in center back, moving Trout to left field. However, Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times tweets that Trout will remain in the lead-off spot at least for now.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)