Jun 9, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will be taken off of the 15-day disabled list tomorrow, reports MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez. Bourjos had been on the disabled list since the end of April due to a strained left hamstring. He had been hitting well, sitting on an .827 OPS prior to his injury.
In the absence of Bourjos, Mike Trout returned to center field and was also recently moved to the lead-off spot in the Angel batting order. It sounds like Bourjos will get his old spot in center back, moving Trout to left field. However, Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times tweets that Trout will remain in the lead-off spot at least for now.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 29
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)