Jun 9, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will be taken off of the 15-day disabled list tomorrow, reports MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez. Bourjos had been on the disabled list since the end of April due to a strained left hamstring. He had been hitting well, sitting on an .827 OPS prior to his injury.
In the absence of Bourjos, Mike Trout returned to center field and was also recently moved to the lead-off spot in the Angel batting order. It sounds like Bourjos will get his old spot in center back, moving Trout to left field. However, Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times tweets that Trout will remain in the lead-off spot at least for now.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 1
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)