Jun 9, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will be taken off of the 15-day disabled list tomorrow, reports MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez. Bourjos had been on the disabled list since the end of April due to a strained left hamstring. He had been hitting well, sitting on an .827 OPS prior to his injury.
In the absence of Bourjos, Mike Trout returned to center field and was also recently moved to the lead-off spot in the Angel batting order. It sounds like Bourjos will get his old spot in center back, moving Trout to left field. However, Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times tweets that Trout will remain in the lead-off spot at least for now.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 104
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 74
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)