Jun 9, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos will be taken off of the 15-day disabled list tomorrow, reports MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez. Bourjos had been on the disabled list since the end of April due to a strained left hamstring. He had been hitting well, sitting on an .827 OPS prior to his injury.
In the absence of Bourjos, Mike Trout returned to center field and was also recently moved to the lead-off spot in the Angel batting order. It sounds like Bourjos will get his old spot in center back, moving Trout to left field. However, Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times tweets that Trout will remain in the lead-off spot at least for now.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)