Jun 9, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Giants starter Chad Gaudin held the Diamondbacks to two runs over six innings this afternoon in Arizona. He allowed just five hits and one walk while striking out seven, notching his second consecutive quality start in as many opportunities since joining the rotation last Sunday.
Via CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, there was something else that made Gaudin’s performance even more impressive:
Gaudin had a stomach issue all game. Said he threw up in the third and sixth innings.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) June 9, 2013
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17