Jun 9, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval left last night’s game in the third inning after coming up limping running through first base on a ground ball double play. The foot has been bothering him for more than a week and he is now in a walking boot. The Giants say he is day-to-day, but CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly suggests a stint on the disabled list is likely for Sandoval, who currently leads all NL third basemen in All-Star votes.
“To be honest, we need to get this to calm down,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said following a 6-2 victory at Arizona on Sunday. “You get an injury like this and try to get through it, you can end up losing him for a longer period of time.”
Sandoval also appeared resigned to his third consecutive season interrupted by the DL, saying he didn’t know what was next but trying to give it a couple days might not be the answer.
Some time off could be good for Sandoval, he he had a meager .464 OPS in his previous 11 games spanning 44 trips to the plate.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)