Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, Miami has activated first baseman Logan Morrison from the 60-day disabled list. Chris Coghlan was put on the 15-day disabled list in a corresponding 25-man roster move due to nerve irritation in his right calf.
LoMo underwent surgery last September to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee and needed the first two months of the 2013 regular season to fully complete his recovery. He is playing first base and batting fifth in his debut Sunday against the Mets.
Marlins first basemen have posted a collective .191/.259/.262 batting line this year. Morrison, 25, is a .250/.339/.442 career hitter in over 1,110 major league plate appearances.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27