Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, Miami has activated first baseman Logan Morrison from the 60-day disabled list. Chris Coghlan was put on the 15-day disabled list in a corresponding 25-man roster move due to nerve irritation in his right calf.
LoMo underwent surgery last September to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee and needed the first two months of the 2013 regular season to fully complete his recovery. He is playing first base and batting fifth in his debut Sunday against the Mets.
Marlins first basemen have posted a collective .191/.259/.262 batting line this year. Morrison, 25, is a .250/.339/.442 career hitter in over 1,110 major league plate appearances.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)