Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, Miami has activated first baseman Logan Morrison from the 60-day disabled list. Chris Coghlan was put on the 15-day disabled list in a corresponding 25-man roster move due to nerve irritation in his right calf.
LoMo underwent surgery last September to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee and needed the first two months of the 2013 regular season to fully complete his recovery. He is playing first base and batting fifth in his debut Sunday against the Mets.
Marlins first basemen have posted a collective .191/.259/.262 batting line this year. Morrison, 25, is a .250/.339/.442 career hitter in over 1,110 major league plate appearances.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (273)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)