Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, Miami has activated first baseman Logan Morrison from the 60-day disabled list. Chris Coghlan was put on the 15-day disabled list in a corresponding 25-man roster move due to nerve irritation in his right calf.
LoMo underwent surgery last September to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee and needed the first two months of the 2013 regular season to fully complete his recovery. He is playing first base and batting fifth in his debut Sunday against the Mets.
Marlins first basemen have posted a collective .191/.259/.262 batting line this year. Morrison, 25, is a .250/.339/.442 career hitter in over 1,110 major league plate appearances.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)