Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, Miami has activated first baseman Logan Morrison from the 60-day disabled list. Chris Coghlan was put on the 15-day disabled list in a corresponding 25-man roster move due to nerve irritation in his right calf.
LoMo underwent surgery last September to repair a torn patella tendon in his right knee and needed the first two months of the 2013 regular season to fully complete his recovery. He is playing first base and batting fifth in his debut Sunday against the Mets.
Marlins first basemen have posted a collective .191/.259/.262 batting line this year. Morrison, 25, is a .250/.339/.442 career hitter in over 1,110 major league plate appearances.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)