Jun 9, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
In a season that has had Dodger fans groaning and saying “what else can go wrong?”, something else has gone wrong. Outfielder Matt Kemp, working his way back from a hamstring injury, suffered a setback while running today. Manager Don Mattingly called it “a little bit of a snag”, per SB Nation’s Eric Stephen on Twitter. He was scheduled to play one rehab game before returning to the team on Friday, but that may be pushed back.
Meanwhile, Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup again, marking the fourth consecutive game in which Ramirez starts the game on the bench. Ramirez was taken off of the DL prior to the team’s June 4 game against the Padres, assuming his strained left hamstring was back to full health. He underwent an MRI today which will let the team know more about his status when results are revealed. There is a very real possibility Ramirez goes back on the disabled list for the third time this season.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 16
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 44
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 63
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)