Jun 9, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
In a season that has had Dodger fans groaning and saying “what else can go wrong?”, something else has gone wrong. Outfielder Matt Kemp, working his way back from a hamstring injury, suffered a setback while running today. Manager Don Mattingly called it “a little bit of a snag”, per SB Nation’s Eric Stephen on Twitter. He was scheduled to play one rehab game before returning to the team on Friday, but that may be pushed back.
Meanwhile, Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup again, marking the fourth consecutive game in which Ramirez starts the game on the bench. Ramirez was taken off of the DL prior to the team’s June 4 game against the Padres, assuming his strained left hamstring was back to full health. He underwent an MRI today which will let the team know more about his status when results are revealed. There is a very real possibility Ramirez goes back on the disabled list for the third time this season.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)