Jun 9, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
In a season that has had Dodger fans groaning and saying “what else can go wrong?”, something else has gone wrong. Outfielder Matt Kemp, working his way back from a hamstring injury, suffered a setback while running today. Manager Don Mattingly called it “a little bit of a snag”, per SB Nation’s Eric Stephen on Twitter. He was scheduled to play one rehab game before returning to the team on Friday, but that may be pushed back.
Meanwhile, Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup again, marking the fourth consecutive game in which Ramirez starts the game on the bench. Ramirez was taken off of the DL prior to the team’s June 4 game against the Padres, assuming his strained left hamstring was back to full health. He underwent an MRI today which will let the team know more about his status when results are revealed. There is a very real possibility Ramirez goes back on the disabled list for the third time this season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)