Jun 9, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
In a season that has had Dodger fans groaning and saying “what else can go wrong?”, something else has gone wrong. Outfielder Matt Kemp, working his way back from a hamstring injury, suffered a setback while running today. Manager Don Mattingly called it “a little bit of a snag”, per SB Nation’s Eric Stephen on Twitter. He was scheduled to play one rehab game before returning to the team on Friday, but that may be pushed back.
Meanwhile, Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup again, marking the fourth consecutive game in which Ramirez starts the game on the bench. Ramirez was taken off of the DL prior to the team’s June 4 game against the Padres, assuming his strained left hamstring was back to full health. He underwent an MRI today which will let the team know more about his status when results are revealed. There is a very real possibility Ramirez goes back on the disabled list for the third time this season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)