Jun 9, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
In a season that has had Dodger fans groaning and saying “what else can go wrong?”, something else has gone wrong. Outfielder Matt Kemp, working his way back from a hamstring injury, suffered a setback while running today. Manager Don Mattingly called it “a little bit of a snag”, per SB Nation’s Eric Stephen on Twitter. He was scheduled to play one rehab game before returning to the team on Friday, but that may be pushed back.
Meanwhile, Hanley Ramirez is out of the lineup again, marking the fourth consecutive game in which Ramirez starts the game on the bench. Ramirez was taken off of the DL prior to the team’s June 4 game against the Padres, assuming his strained left hamstring was back to full health. He underwent an MRI today which will let the team know more about his status when results are revealed. There is a very real possibility Ramirez goes back on the disabled list for the third time this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 93
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)