Jun 9, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Top prospect Oscar Taveras returned to the Class AAA Memphis lineup Saturday after being sidelined for nearly a month with a lingering ankle injury.
Taveras, who started in center field, injured his ankle on May 12 and though the team expected a quick return the pain in his ankle persisted until it was re-diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.
Taveras finished 1-for-4 (that one hit was a double) and is now batting .315/.348/.480 with four home runs, nine doubles, five steals and 20 RBI in 32 total games this season for the Memphis Redbirds. He boasts a .385/.424/.590 batting line against right-handed pitchers.
The talented 20-year-old outfielder should climb his way to the major leagues at some point this summer.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)