Jun 9, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Top prospect Oscar Taveras returned to the Class AAA Memphis lineup Saturday after being sidelined for nearly a month with a lingering ankle injury.
Taveras, who started in center field, injured his ankle on May 12 and though the team expected a quick return the pain in his ankle persisted until it was re-diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.
Taveras finished 1-for-4 (that one hit was a double) and is now batting .315/.348/.480 with four home runs, nine doubles, five steals and 20 RBI in 32 total games this season for the Memphis Redbirds. He boasts a .385/.424/.590 batting line against right-handed pitchers.
The talented 20-year-old outfielder should climb his way to the major leagues at some point this summer.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 2
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)