Jun 9, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Top prospect Oscar Taveras returned to the Class AAA Memphis lineup Saturday after being sidelined for nearly a month with a lingering ankle injury.
Taveras, who started in center field, injured his ankle on May 12 and though the team expected a quick return the pain in his ankle persisted until it was re-diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.
Taveras finished 1-for-4 (that one hit was a double) and is now batting .315/.348/.480 with four home runs, nine doubles, five steals and 20 RBI in 32 total games this season for the Memphis Redbirds. He boasts a .385/.424/.590 batting line against right-handed pitchers.
The talented 20-year-old outfielder should climb his way to the major leagues at some point this summer.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 41
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 23
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 78
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)