Jun 9, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Top prospect Oscar Taveras returned to the Class AAA Memphis lineup Saturday after being sidelined for nearly a month with a lingering ankle injury.
Taveras, who started in center field, injured his ankle on May 12 and though the team expected a quick return the pain in his ankle persisted until it was re-diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.
Taveras finished 1-for-4 (that one hit was a double) and is now batting .315/.348/.480 with four home runs, nine doubles, five steals and 20 RBI in 32 total games this season for the Memphis Redbirds. He boasts a .385/.424/.590 batting line against right-handed pitchers.
The talented 20-year-old outfielder should climb his way to the major leagues at some point this summer.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)