Jun 9, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
With the Orioles up 5-1 in the bottom of the second this afternoon, the Rays were attempting to mount an early comeback. Evan Longoria had doubled and Desmond Jennings drove him in with a single for the Rays’ first run. Trying to put himself in scoring position, Jennings attempted to steal second base with Ryan Roberts at the plate. Orioles catcher Matt Wieters fired to second base, but the throw was to the wrong side of the bag. Never fazed, second baseman Alexi Casilla snagged the throw and whipped his arm behind his back and tagged Jennings on the foot before he could reach the bag, getting a crucial early out.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)