Jun 10, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after which a timetable for his return will be revealed.
Kratz suffered the injury while running out a ground ball on Saturday. The 32-year-old was playing well with Carlos Ruiz out due to a hamstring strain, hitting .267 (16-for-60) with six home runs, 14 RBI and a .964 OPS in his last 18 games. With Ruiz still about 10 days away from returning, the Phillies will turn to Humberto Quintero and Steven Lerud behind the plate.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 21
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)