Jun 10, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after which a timetable for his return will be revealed.
Kratz suffered the injury while running out a ground ball on Saturday. The 32-year-old was playing well with Carlos Ruiz out due to a hamstring strain, hitting .267 (16-for-60) with six home runs, 14 RBI and a .964 OPS in his last 18 games. With Ruiz still about 10 days away from returning, the Phillies will turn to Humberto Quintero and Steven Lerud behind the plate.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)