Jun 10, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after which a timetable for his return will be revealed.
Kratz suffered the injury while running out a ground ball on Saturday. The 32-year-old was playing well with Carlos Ruiz out due to a hamstring strain, hitting .267 (16-for-60) with six home runs, 14 RBI and a .964 OPS in his last 18 games. With Ruiz still about 10 days away from returning, the Phillies will turn to Humberto Quintero and Steven Lerud behind the plate.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)