Jun 10, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after which a timetable for his return will be revealed.
Kratz suffered the injury while running out a ground ball on Saturday. The 32-year-old was playing well with Carlos Ruiz out due to a hamstring strain, hitting .267 (16-for-60) with six home runs, 14 RBI and a .964 OPS in his last 18 games. With Ruiz still about 10 days away from returning, the Phillies will turn to Humberto Quintero and Steven Lerud behind the plate.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)