Jun 10, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after which a timetable for his return will be revealed.
Kratz suffered the injury while running out a ground ball on Saturday. The 32-year-old was playing well with Carlos Ruiz out due to a hamstring strain, hitting .267 (16-for-60) with six home runs, 14 RBI and a .964 OPS in his last 18 games. With Ruiz still about 10 days away from returning, the Phillies will turn to Humberto Quintero and Steven Lerud behind the plate.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)