Jun 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
McDonald has been on the disabled list since mid-May with lower back discomfort, but he will join Cleveland’s active roster. The 38-year-old was acquired from the Diamondbacks during spring training and hit .065 (2-for-31) in 16 games with Pittsburgh.
McDonald is a .237/.275/.328 hitter over 15 seasons in the majors. He’ll provide some depth around the infield with Asdrubal Cabrera sidelined due to a quad injury.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)