Jun 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
McDonald has been on the disabled list since mid-May with lower back discomfort, but he will join Cleveland’s active roster. The 38-year-old was acquired from the Diamondbacks during spring training and hit .065 (2-for-31) in 16 games with Pittsburgh.
McDonald is a .237/.275/.328 hitter over 15 seasons in the majors. He’ll provide some depth around the infield with Asdrubal Cabrera sidelined due to a quad injury.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)