Jun 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
McDonald has been on the disabled list since mid-May with lower back discomfort, but he will join Cleveland’s active roster. The 38-year-old was acquired from the Diamondbacks during spring training and hit .065 (2-for-31) in 16 games with Pittsburgh.
McDonald is a .237/.275/.328 hitter over 15 seasons in the majors. He’ll provide some depth around the infield with Asdrubal Cabrera sidelined due to a quad injury.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)