Mark Grace has completed his four-month jail sentence for DUI

Jun 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EDT

Mark Grace Mug Shot

Mark Grace has been released from a Phoenix jail after completing a four-month DUI sentence as part of a work-release program, according to the Associated Press. He still must serve two years probation.

Grace, who played 16 seasons in the majors between the Cubs and Diamondbacks, was arrested last August and received his second DUI in 15 months. The 48-year-old pleaded guilty on January 31 to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol and began his sentence on February 10 in Maricopa County’s outdoor Tent City.

Grace was employed by the Diamondbacks during his jail sentence. While he was let go last October after nine years as a television analyst with the club, he was brought back this spring a minor league coach and instructor.

1. ipointadvisors - Jun 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I used to spend my 5 dollar allowance on baseball cards. after opening a fresh pack of topps
    I used to set grace’s card aside and away from all the scrubs … Same with mcguire, palmeiro, clemens, griffey jr and a few others… And yes, those cards have all been thrown out by my parents.

• tuberippin - Jun 11, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Enthralling tale, sir.

2. cadillacjosh - Jun 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I don’t remember Mark Grace looking so scary.

3. jthammerstix - Jun 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Looks like Costner in mr brooks.

4. yankeepunk3000 - Jun 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM

well e spent for months in jail. did his time and luckily didn’t kill anyone. We move on and I for one hold no anger towards him. Except that I never thought he was a good announcer but I havnt met many d back fans besides my father, so I don’t have a huge back ground on his Mic skills.

5. buckeye044 - Jun 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I wonder if he found a slump-buster

6. glink123 - Jun 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Could’ve been a Cubs legend and ruled Chi-town for life. But instead, he couldn’t keep his drunken mouth shut after signing with the D-Backs after his career ended with the Cubs. Talk about your poster child for how to destroy a legacy. Total failure as a human being.

• stlouis1baseball - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

“Total failure as a human being?”
      A little heavy on the drama…No? I mean…”total failure as a human being?”

7. deathmonkey41 - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Serving that sentence out was BIG LEAGUE!!!

8. joeflaccosunibrow - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM

By the looks of this picture, his middle name must be Dis

9. bdawk20 - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Yet Lindsay Lohan doesn’t get 4 days in jail….

10. nothanksimdriving123 - Jun 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

And soon we’ll find out if he actually learned anything from his troubles. Will he ever again drink and drive?

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5199)