Jun 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
After missing the past six weeks with a strained hamstring Giancarlo Stanton is off the disabled list and will be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight against the Brewers. To make room on the roster Miami placed Casey Kotchman on the DL with a strained oblique, shutting him down just one week after returning from the 60-day DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
Miami’s offense is averaging an MLB-worst 3.0 runs per game–no other team is scoring fewer than 3.5 runs per game–and the Marlins’ non-Stanton hitters have combined for just 28 homers in 2,225 plate appearances this season.
Marcell Ozuna did such a good job filling in for Stanton in right field that the Marlins have decided to shift the 22-year-old rookie to center field. Ozuna has hit .331 with an .843 OPS in 36 games, which is remarkable considering he nearly jumped from Single-A to the majors, playing a grand total of just 10 games at Double-A.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)