Jun 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
After missing the past six weeks with a strained hamstring Giancarlo Stanton is off the disabled list and will be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight against the Brewers. To make room on the roster Miami placed Casey Kotchman on the DL with a strained oblique, shutting him down just one week after returning from the 60-day DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
Miami’s offense is averaging an MLB-worst 3.0 runs per game–no other team is scoring fewer than 3.5 runs per game–and the Marlins’ non-Stanton hitters have combined for just 28 homers in 2,225 plate appearances this season.
Marcell Ozuna did such a good job filling in for Stanton in right field that the Marlins have decided to shift the 22-year-old rookie to center field. Ozuna has hit .331 with an .843 OPS in 36 games, which is remarkable considering he nearly jumped from Single-A to the majors, playing a grand total of just 10 games at Double-A.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)