Jun 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
After missing the past six weeks with a strained hamstring Giancarlo Stanton is off the disabled list and will be in the Marlins’ lineup tonight against the Brewers. To make room on the roster Miami placed Casey Kotchman on the DL with a strained oblique, shutting him down just one week after returning from the 60-day DL with a hamstring injury of his own.
Miami’s offense is averaging an MLB-worst 3.0 runs per game–no other team is scoring fewer than 3.5 runs per game–and the Marlins’ non-Stanton hitters have combined for just 28 homers in 2,225 plate appearances this season.
Marcell Ozuna did such a good job filling in for Stanton in right field that the Marlins have decided to shift the 22-year-old rookie to center field. Ozuna has hit .331 with an .843 OPS in 36 games, which is remarkable considering he nearly jumped from Single-A to the majors, playing a grand total of just 10 games at Double-A.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)