Jun 10, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Jose Bautista was ejected yesterday after arguing balls and strikes and throwing his equipment on the ground. Rangers broadcaster Tom Grieve was less than impressed. Here’s what he said during the broadcast:
“You turn into a cry baby when you act like that. Go sit down and look at the pitch and then apologize to the umpire … That was a weak display of immaturity right there … Go back in the dugout and look at the mirror.”
It’s not often you hear pointed stuff from the booth in this day and age.
Something you do see often? Jose Bautista complaining about balls and strikes. He’s easily the most NBA guy in baseball with that stuff. It’s never a strike when he doesn’t swing. Never. We haven’t seen his like in this regard since Paul O’Neill walked the Earth.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)