Jun 10, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Jose Bautista was ejected yesterday after arguing balls and strikes and throwing his equipment on the ground. Rangers broadcaster Tom Grieve was less than impressed. Here’s what he said during the broadcast:
“You turn into a cry baby when you act like that. Go sit down and look at the pitch and then apologize to the umpire … That was a weak display of immaturity right there … Go back in the dugout and look at the mirror.”
It’s not often you hear pointed stuff from the booth in this day and age.
Something you do see often? Jose Bautista complaining about balls and strikes. He’s easily the most NBA guy in baseball with that stuff. It’s never a strike when he doesn’t swing. Never. We haven’t seen his like in this regard since Paul O’Neill walked the Earth.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)