Jun 10, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
After being released by the Mariners in spring training Jon Garland signed with the Rockies and won a rotation spot, but 12 mostly bad starts later Colorado has cut the 33-year-old right-hander loose.
Garland had a 5.82 ERA in 68 innings for the Rockies, posting a terrible 32/23 K/BB ratio while serving up nine homers and allowing opponents to hit .315. And he can’t blame it all on Coors Field, as Garland had a 5.73 ERA in six road starts.
Roy Oswalt looks just about ready to join the Rockies after one or two more starts in the minors, which likely helped convince the Rockies to part ways with Garland.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)