Jun 10, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
After being released by the Mariners in spring training Jon Garland signed with the Rockies and won a rotation spot, but 12 mostly bad starts later Colorado has cut the 33-year-old right-hander loose.
Garland had a 5.82 ERA in 68 innings for the Rockies, posting a terrible 32/23 K/BB ratio while serving up nine homers and allowing opponents to hit .315. And he can’t blame it all on Coors Field, as Garland had a 5.73 ERA in six road starts.
Roy Oswalt looks just about ready to join the Rockies after one or two more starts in the minors, which likely helped convince the Rockies to part ways with Garland.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)