Jun 10, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
Cory Hahn was paralyzed from the chest down in his third ever college game for Arizona State after a horrific slide into second base back in 2011. It ended a promising baseball career, as Hahn was picked by the Padres out of high school before committing to ASU. But over the weekend the Diamondbacks gave him a nice, symbolic nod:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) June 8, 2013
Tyler Lockman’s story over at Fox Sports Arizona talks about Hahn’s inspirational words as he lay on the field immediately following his injury, his recovery and the Diamondbacks’ decision to select Hahn in the draft.
Gettin’ misty in here.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 27
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)