Jun 10, 2013, 9:22 AM EST
Cory Hahn was paralyzed from the chest down in his third ever college game for Arizona State after a horrific slide into second base back in 2011. It ended a promising baseball career, as Hahn was picked by the Padres out of high school before committing to ASU. But over the weekend the Diamondbacks gave him a nice, symbolic nod:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) June 8, 2013
Tyler Lockman’s story over at Fox Sports Arizona talks about Hahn’s inspirational words as he lay on the field immediately following his injury, his recovery and the Diamondbacks’ decision to select Hahn in the draft.
Gettin’ misty in here.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)