Jun 10, 2013, 6:33 PM EDT
As we learned last week, the couple allegedly had “a little more than a third of a pound of marijuana or 163.9 grams” delivered to their home. Amusingly, the packages in question were addressed to their dog.
Police say postal inspectors tipped them to suspicious packages mailed to the Perez home and arranged a delivery last Tuesday under surveillance. Police say Melanie Perez accepted two packages.
Authorities say Melanie Perez, whose maiden name is Baum, told the undercover officer delivering the packages that they were intended for the family dog, named Brody. The package was addressed to Brody Baum.
The pleas that were faxed today requested that a requirement that the couple appear in person for a June 19 arraignment be dropped. It’s unlikely that the Indians’ closer will face any jail time.
Perez has been sidelined since May 26 with right shoulder soreness. The 27-year-old has a 4.32 ERA, six saves and an 18/10 K/BB ratio in 16 2/3 innings this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)