Jun 10, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Aaron Hicks‘ season-long struggles now include a hamstring injury and Minnesota’s rookie center fielder has been placed on the disabled list. Oswaldo Arcia, who was demoted to Triple-A two weeks ago despite playing well in 30 games for the Twins, has been called back up to replace Hicks on the roster.
Hicks has recovered from a brutal 2-for-48 start to show some promise at the plate, but he’s still hitting just .179 with a .575 OPS and 56 strikeouts in 55 games overall.
It’ll be interesting to see how manager Ron Gardenhire divvies up the playing time in Hicks’ absence, because Arcia really has no business in center field and the only true center fielder on the Twins’ roster is Clete Thomas. Assuming that Thomas plays every day that means at least one of Arcia, Chris Parmelee, or Ryan Doumit will be on the bench.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)