Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Brandon Morrow has been on the disabled list since May 28 with a strained forearm and Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays right-hander is at least 2-3 weeks from potentially returning.
Morrow’s recovery is just now advancing to bullpen sessions, so he has multiple hurdles to clear before rejoining the rotation is a possibility. Morrow indicated that he’ll likely make three minor-league rehab starts, which would mean an early July return date.
Before the injury Morrow was struggling with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts overall, including allowing 31 runs in his last 38.2 innings.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)