Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Brandon Morrow has been on the disabled list since May 28 with a strained forearm and Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays right-hander is at least 2-3 weeks from potentially returning.
Morrow’s recovery is just now advancing to bullpen sessions, so he has multiple hurdles to clear before rejoining the rotation is a possibility. Morrow indicated that he’ll likely make three minor-league rehab starts, which would mean an early July return date.
Before the injury Morrow was struggling with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts overall, including allowing 31 runs in his last 38.2 innings.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)