Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Brandon Morrow has been on the disabled list since May 28 with a strained forearm and Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays right-hander is at least 2-3 weeks from potentially returning.
Morrow’s recovery is just now advancing to bullpen sessions, so he has multiple hurdles to clear before rejoining the rotation is a possibility. Morrow indicated that he’ll likely make three minor-league rehab starts, which would mean an early July return date.
Before the injury Morrow was struggling with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts overall, including allowing 31 runs in his last 38.2 innings.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)