Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Brandon Morrow has been on the disabled list since May 28 with a strained forearm and Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays right-hander is at least 2-3 weeks from potentially returning.
Morrow’s recovery is just now advancing to bullpen sessions, so he has multiple hurdles to clear before rejoining the rotation is a possibility. Morrow indicated that he’ll likely make three minor-league rehab starts, which would mean an early July return date.
Before the injury Morrow was struggling with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts overall, including allowing 31 runs in his last 38.2 innings.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15