Jun 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Brandon Morrow has been on the disabled list since May 28 with a strained forearm and Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays right-hander is at least 2-3 weeks from potentially returning.
Morrow’s recovery is just now advancing to bullpen sessions, so he has multiple hurdles to clear before rejoining the rotation is a possibility. Morrow indicated that he’ll likely make three minor-league rehab starts, which would mean an early July return date.
Before the injury Morrow was struggling with a 5.63 ERA in 10 starts overall, including allowing 31 runs in his last 38.2 innings.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)