Jun 11, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Brian Roberts finally made it back from the concussions that threatened to ruin his career only to suffer a hamstring injury that required surgery, but the Orioles second baseman is getting close to returning from that as well.
Roberts is five weeks removed from surgery and has started traveling with the Orioles at his request because “it gives you more motivation” and “it keeps you so much more involved.”
Of course, he’ll leave the team once he’s cleared to actually begin a minor-league rehab assignment, but Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com reports that there’s no timetable for that yet. Roberts has said that once the rehab stint does start he expects it to be a brief one, although given his recent health track record it would be tough to blame for the Orioles if they wanted him to spend more than just a few games in the minors.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)