Jun 11, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
A college student named Deshaun Smith had his picture taken with Bryce Harper in the Atlanta airport this morning as Harper made his way back from Dr. James Andrews’ office. That thing on his left leg is … noticeable:
met Bryce Harper, the former #1 MLB draft pick & Rookie of the Year.. no biggie. twitter.com/YoungSimba3/st…
— Deshaun Smith (@YoungSimba3) June 11, 2013
That doesn’t look like something that one who was a borderline call to go on the DL in the first place would wear. And certainly got Nats fans worried when Mr. Smith’s picture started making the rounds this morning.
Scott Boras, however, told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Harper underwent “no operative procedures” while seeing the good doctor and that the brace was a precaution.
Still, the Nats haven’t been terribly forthcoming about Harper’s injury, so it’s understandable that people will speculate. And, perhaps, not take Scott Boras’ word as gospel.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)