Jun 11, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
A college student named Deshaun Smith had his picture taken with Bryce Harper in the Atlanta airport this morning as Harper made his way back from Dr. James Andrews’ office. That thing on his left leg is … noticeable:
met Bryce Harper, the former #1 MLB draft pick & Rookie of the Year.. no biggie. twitter.com/YoungSimba3/st…
— Deshaun Smith (@YoungSimba3) June 11, 2013
That doesn’t look like something that one who was a borderline call to go on the DL in the first place would wear. And certainly got Nats fans worried when Mr. Smith’s picture started making the rounds this morning.
Scott Boras, however, told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Harper underwent “no operative procedures” while seeing the good doctor and that the brace was a precaution.
Still, the Nats haven’t been terribly forthcoming about Harper’s injury, so it’s understandable that people will speculate. And, perhaps, not take Scott Boras’ word as gospel.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)