Jun 11, 2013, 1:39 PM EST
A college student named Deshaun Smith had his picture taken with Bryce Harper in the Atlanta airport this morning as Harper made his way back from Dr. James Andrews’ office. That thing on his left leg is … noticeable:
met Bryce Harper, the former #1 MLB draft pick & Rookie of the Year.. no biggie. twitter.com/YoungSimba3/st…
— Deshaun Smith (@YoungSimba3) June 11, 2013
That doesn’t look like something that one who was a borderline call to go on the DL in the first place would wear. And certainly got Nats fans worried when Mr. Smith’s picture started making the rounds this morning.
Scott Boras, however, told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Harper underwent “no operative procedures” while seeing the good doctor and that the brace was a precaution.
Still, the Nats haven’t been terribly forthcoming about Harper’s injury, so it’s understandable that people will speculate. And, perhaps, not take Scott Boras’ word as gospel.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)