Jun 11, 2013, 1:39 PM EST
A college student named Deshaun Smith had his picture taken with Bryce Harper in the Atlanta airport this morning as Harper made his way back from Dr. James Andrews’ office. That thing on his left leg is … noticeable:
met Bryce Harper, the former #1 MLB draft pick & Rookie of the Year.. no biggie. twitter.com/YoungSimba3/st…
— Deshaun Smith (@YoungSimba3) June 11, 2013
That doesn’t look like something that one who was a borderline call to go on the DL in the first place would wear. And certainly got Nats fans worried when Mr. Smith’s picture started making the rounds this morning.
Scott Boras, however, told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Harper underwent “no operative procedures” while seeing the good doctor and that the brace was a precaution.
Still, the Nats haven’t been terribly forthcoming about Harper’s injury, so it’s understandable that people will speculate. And, perhaps, not take Scott Boras’ word as gospel.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)