Jun 11, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
There’s nothing more pleasant that spending a few minutes reading a T.J. Simers column in which he trolls and issues cheap shots at athletes he doesn’t like. So why not expand that to 30 minutes? From SportsBusinessJournal:
Mandalay Sports Media is developing a TV comedy loosely based on the life of acerbic Los Angeles Times sports columnist T.J. Simers, one of several projects the 15-month-old sports production company has in the pipeline … “The series is about an old-school reporter in a medium that is quickly evaporating and a daughter who is a participant in the new media”
Can’t decide if turning a misanthropic scribe like Simers into some lovable father type will be worse or if the inevitable tone deaf caricature of a “participant in the new media” will be worse. As for the latter, I’m willing to bet there will be a scene in the pilot in which the daughter picks up her laptop to tell her father that, “according to all available data, your opinion is wrong” or some such nonsense.
Either way, we’ve not got TV shows about Colin Cowherd and T.J. Simers in the works. And people say we’re in a new golden age of television.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)