Jun 11, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Yasiel Puig is hitting .500 with four homers and a 1.453 OPS through eight career games and Dodgers fans are snatching up everything they can with his name on it.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that “the Dodgers sold more Puig-related merchandise from Thursday to Sunday than they had ever sold of any player over a four-day period.”
According to Hernandez that total includes 2,000 t-shirts at $28 a pop and 600 jerseys, which sell for either $225 or $110. So, doing some rough math, the Dodgers sold about $200,000 worth of Puig stuff in four days.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)