Jun 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Madson has been throwing off flat ground, but he’s clearly sick of what is now a two-year recovery from Tommy John surgery, telling Gonzalez:
I’m just frustrated. I really don’t have any answers. I just really want to pitch, really bad. I’ll do anything. Anything. But it seems like there really isn’t much to do, other than let it heal.
When the Angels signed Madson to a one-year, $3.5 million deal in November they did so with the intention of making him their closer, but now he’s 14 months removed from surgery and potentially in danger of not throwing a pitch for a second straight season.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20