Jun 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Madson has been throwing off flat ground, but he’s clearly sick of what is now a two-year recovery from Tommy John surgery, telling Gonzalez:
I’m just frustrated. I really don’t have any answers. I just really want to pitch, really bad. I’ll do anything. Anything. But it seems like there really isn’t much to do, other than let it heal.
When the Angels signed Madson to a one-year, $3.5 million deal in November they did so with the intention of making him their closer, but now he’s 14 months removed from surgery and potentially in danger of not throwing a pitch for a second straight season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)