Jun 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Madson has been throwing off flat ground, but he’s clearly sick of what is now a two-year recovery from Tommy John surgery, telling Gonzalez:
I’m just frustrated. I really don’t have any answers. I just really want to pitch, really bad. I’ll do anything. Anything. But it seems like there really isn’t much to do, other than let it heal.
When the Angels signed Madson to a one-year, $3.5 million deal in November they did so with the intention of making him their closer, but now he’s 14 months removed from surgery and potentially in danger of not throwing a pitch for a second straight season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)