Jun 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Madson has been throwing off flat ground, but he’s clearly sick of what is now a two-year recovery from Tommy John surgery, telling Gonzalez:
I’m just frustrated. I really don’t have any answers. I just really want to pitch, really bad. I’ll do anything. Anything. But it seems like there really isn’t much to do, other than let it heal.
When the Angels signed Madson to a one-year, $3.5 million deal in November they did so with the intention of making him their closer, but now he’s 14 months removed from surgery and potentially in danger of not throwing a pitch for a second straight season.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8