Jun 11, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports has the latest in the Biogenesis saga:
While major league players implicated in the Biogenesis scandal have yet to provide substantive information to Major League Baseball, multiple minor leaguers have discussed in detail their transactions with Anthony Bosch’s clinic that allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs to dozens of players, sources with knowledge of the interviews told Yahoo! Sports.
Under threat of suspension, the minor league players gave testimony that Major League Baseball plans to use to confirm the veracity of Bosch’s story, the sources said.
That so many minor league players have information about Bosch and Biogenesis suggests that Bosch’s list of clients extends well beyond the 20 or so names that were leaked back in late January by the Miami New Times and most recently by ESPN.com investigative reporters.
“There are others who went there. Big names,” a source in the know told Passan this week for his Yahoo! story. “I don’t know if they’re in the notes, but if Tony tells the whole story, they’ll be in there.”
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 81
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 162
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (162)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (108)