Jun 11, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports has the latest in the Biogenesis saga:
While major league players implicated in the Biogenesis scandal have yet to provide substantive information to Major League Baseball, multiple minor leaguers have discussed in detail their transactions with Anthony Bosch’s clinic that allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs to dozens of players, sources with knowledge of the interviews told Yahoo! Sports.
Under threat of suspension, the minor league players gave testimony that Major League Baseball plans to use to confirm the veracity of Bosch’s story, the sources said.
That so many minor league players have information about Bosch and Biogenesis suggests that Bosch’s list of clients extends well beyond the 20 or so names that were leaked back in late January by the Miami New Times and most recently by ESPN.com investigative reporters.
“There are others who went there. Big names,” a source in the know told Passan this week for his Yahoo! story. “I don’t know if they’re in the notes, but if Tony tells the whole story, they’ll be in there.”
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)