Jun 11, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports has the latest in the Biogenesis saga:
While major league players implicated in the Biogenesis scandal have yet to provide substantive information to Major League Baseball, multiple minor leaguers have discussed in detail their transactions with Anthony Bosch’s clinic that allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs to dozens of players, sources with knowledge of the interviews told Yahoo! Sports.
Under threat of suspension, the minor league players gave testimony that Major League Baseball plans to use to confirm the veracity of Bosch’s story, the sources said.
That so many minor league players have information about Bosch and Biogenesis suggests that Bosch’s list of clients extends well beyond the 20 or so names that were leaked back in late January by the Miami New Times and most recently by ESPN.com investigative reporters.
“There are others who went there. Big names,” a source in the know told Passan this week for his Yahoo! story. “I don’t know if they’re in the notes, but if Tony tells the whole story, they’ll be in there.”
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (172)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)