Jun 11, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports has the latest in the Biogenesis saga:
While major league players implicated in the Biogenesis scandal have yet to provide substantive information to Major League Baseball, multiple minor leaguers have discussed in detail their transactions with Anthony Bosch’s clinic that allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs to dozens of players, sources with knowledge of the interviews told Yahoo! Sports.
Under threat of suspension, the minor league players gave testimony that Major League Baseball plans to use to confirm the veracity of Bosch’s story, the sources said.
That so many minor league players have information about Bosch and Biogenesis suggests that Bosch’s list of clients extends well beyond the 20 or so names that were leaked back in late January by the Miami New Times and most recently by ESPN.com investigative reporters.
“There are others who went there. Big names,” a source in the know told Passan this week for his Yahoo! story. “I don’t know if they’re in the notes, but if Tony tells the whole story, they’ll be in there.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17