Jun 11, 2013, 9:27 AM EST
Just thought it worthwhile to check in on the continuing domination of Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers’ super rookie. Last night: 3 for 4, as he raises his batting average to a cool .500 to go along with an on base percentage of .515 and a slugging of .938.
Downside: his early success has led Don Mattingly to move him to the cleanup spot, which meant that he was on deck during the Dodgers’ would-be ninth inning rally last night rather than a part of it. Of course he can’t be everywhere and at some point Nick Punto and Mark Ellis have to hit. Which is pretty much why the Dodgers are where they are this season, frankly.
Only one walk so far for Puig. One wonders if that will increase now that he’s farther down in the lineup. Or if teams are simply going to start throwing him garbage all the time to see if he chases it.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 58
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 233
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (232)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)