Jun 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
A busted pipe under the infield at Rangers Ballpark has created a sinkhole right behind the pitcher’s mound.
On-field batting practice was canceled for both the Texas Rangers and Cleveland Indians while workers tried to fix the problem 2 1/2 hours before Tuesday night’s scheduled game.
They did fix it and it went off fine. Which caused the Indians to have to go out and win the game rather than rely on a man-made, Bull Durham-style rain delay to put a stop to their losing streak.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)