Jun 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
A busted pipe under the infield at Rangers Ballpark has created a sinkhole right behind the pitcher’s mound.
On-field batting practice was canceled for both the Texas Rangers and Cleveland Indians while workers tried to fix the problem 2 1/2 hours before Tuesday night’s scheduled game.
They did fix it and it went off fine. Which caused the Indians to have to go out and win the game rather than rely on a man-made, Bull Durham-style rain delay to put a stop to their losing streak.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 31
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 99
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (99)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)