Jun 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s tough to blame the Angels for wanting to minimize their reliance on Blanton given how poorly he’s pitched, but before struggling in his most recent outing he’d thrown three consecutive Quality Starts with a 17/0 K/BB ratio in 21 innings.
And of course the Angels signed him to a two-year, $15 million deal in December, so they can’t just ignore him until he goes away.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (111)