Jun 12, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Rodriguez was designated for assignment by the Nats last week after walking 16 batters over his first 18 innings. He has an exciting arm but has struggled with his command in the bigs — currently holding a 4.23 career ERA and 1.48 career WHIP.
Dickson, a 6-foot-5 22-year-old, was a 35th-round pick of the Cubs in 2011. He has a 6.88 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 32/15 K/BB ratio in 35 1/3 innings of relief this season at the Single-A level.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)