Jun 12, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Rodriguez was designated for assignment by the Nats last week after walking 16 batters over his first 18 innings. He has an exciting arm but has struggled with his command in the bigs — currently holding a 4.23 career ERA and 1.48 career WHIP.
Dickson, a 6-foot-5 22-year-old, was a 35th-round pick of the Cubs in 2011. He has a 6.88 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 32/15 K/BB ratio in 35 1/3 innings of relief this season at the Single-A level.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)