Jun 12, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Rodriguez was designated for assignment by the Nats last week after walking 16 batters over his first 18 innings. He has an exciting arm but has struggled with his command in the bigs — currently holding a 4.23 career ERA and 1.48 career WHIP.
Dickson, a 6-foot-5 22-year-old, was a 35th-round pick of the Cubs in 2011. He has a 6.88 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 32/15 K/BB ratio in 35 1/3 innings of relief this season at the Single-A level.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (206)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)