Jun 12, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Rodriguez was designated for assignment by the Nats last week after walking 16 batters over his first 18 innings. He has an exciting arm but has struggled with his command in the bigs — currently holding a 4.23 career ERA and 1.48 career WHIP.
Dickson, a 6-foot-5 22-year-old, was a 35th-round pick of the Cubs in 2011. He has a 6.88 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 32/15 K/BB ratio in 35 1/3 innings of relief this season at the Single-A level.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)