Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
After a pair of impressive minor-league rehab starts Jake Westbrook will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Cardinals’ rotation Friday against the Marlins, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Westbrook has been out since mid-May with elbow inflammation, but had a 1.62 ERA in six starts for the Cardinals before the injury and posted a 10/0 K/BB ratio in two rehab outings.
His return will bump rookie Tyler Lyons from the rotation, either pushing him back to the minors or to the bullpen.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)