Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
After a pair of impressive minor-league rehab starts Jake Westbrook will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Cardinals’ rotation Friday against the Marlins, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Westbrook has been out since mid-May with elbow inflammation, but had a 1.62 ERA in six starts for the Cardinals before the injury and posted a 10/0 K/BB ratio in two rehab outings.
His return will bump rookie Tyler Lyons from the rotation, either pushing him back to the minors or to the bullpen.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 4
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)