Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
After a pair of impressive minor-league rehab starts Jake Westbrook will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Cardinals’ rotation Friday against the Marlins, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Westbrook has been out since mid-May with elbow inflammation, but had a 1.62 ERA in six starts for the Cardinals before the injury and posted a 10/0 K/BB ratio in two rehab outings.
His return will bump rookie Tyler Lyons from the rotation, either pushing him back to the minors or to the bullpen.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)