Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
After a pair of impressive minor-league rehab starts Jake Westbrook will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Cardinals’ rotation Friday against the Marlins, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Westbrook has been out since mid-May with elbow inflammation, but had a 1.62 ERA in six starts for the Cardinals before the injury and posted a 10/0 K/BB ratio in two rehab outings.
His return will bump rookie Tyler Lyons from the rotation, either pushing him back to the minors or to the bullpen.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)