Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
After a pair of impressive minor-league rehab starts Jake Westbrook will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Cardinals’ rotation Friday against the Marlins, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Westbrook has been out since mid-May with elbow inflammation, but had a 1.62 ERA in six starts for the Cardinals before the injury and posted a 10/0 K/BB ratio in two rehab outings.
His return will bump rookie Tyler Lyons from the rotation, either pushing him back to the minors or to the bullpen.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (228)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)