Jun 12, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Not surprisingly the gruesome-looking finger injury that Marco Scutaro suffered last night turns out to be pretty serious, as the Giants announced that he has tendon damage called “mallet finger.” Seriously, there’s a Wikipedia page about it and everything.
The typical recovery timetable is 6-8 weeks, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants have yet to place Scutaro on the disabled list because there’s some hope that he can play through the injury.
In the meantime Tony Abreu is starting at second base and batting second in the Giants’ lineup tonight.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)