Jun 12, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Not surprisingly the gruesome-looking finger injury that Marco Scutaro suffered last night turns out to be pretty serious, as the Giants announced that he has tendon damage called “mallet finger.” Seriously, there’s a Wikipedia page about it and everything.
The typical recovery timetable is 6-8 weeks, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants have yet to place Scutaro on the disabled list because there’s some hope that he can play through the injury.
In the meantime Tony Abreu is starting at second base and batting second in the Giants’ lineup tonight.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 0
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)