Jun 12, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Decker is a former first-round pick and was once considered a top prospect, but his stock has slipped as he’s struggled to hit for a decent batting average in the high minors. He’s hit just .224 at Double-A and .251 at Triple-A, but Decker does have good power and draws tons of walks.
He also has experience in all three outfield spots, so he could get a look in center field replacing Maybin or could be used in a corner spot while the Padres go with Chris Denorfia and Will Venable in center field.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)