Jun 12, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
The details of the Dodgers-Dbacks melee last night are here. Here are some pretty good pictures from it from the Associated Press, however.
A pre-plunking Puig:
Zack Greinke, using his previously-broken shoulder to protect his much more valuable head. And likely thinking “why was I not ejected after I threw at Miguel Montero? And why did my manager send me up to bat this inning when I was not going to pitch the next inning?
I look at Don Mattingly and Alan Trammell scuffling and I feel like we need more of those Jack Lemmon-Walter Matthau movies. “Grumpy Old Coaches” or something:
McGwire, telling Kirk Gibson what he thinks of his grit, probably. I kinda hope Gibson held up a clipping from the 1988 World Series and said “scoreboard.”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)