Jun 12, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
The details of the Dodgers-Dbacks melee last night are here. Here are some pretty good pictures from it from the Associated Press, however.
A pre-plunking Puig:
Zack Greinke, using his previously-broken shoulder to protect his much more valuable head. And likely thinking “why was I not ejected after I threw at Miguel Montero? And why did my manager send me up to bat this inning when I was not going to pitch the next inning?
I look at Don Mattingly and Alan Trammell scuffling and I feel like we need more of those Jack Lemmon-Walter Matthau movies. “Grumpy Old Coaches” or something:
McGwire, telling Kirk Gibson what he thinks of his grit, probably. I kinda hope Gibson held up a clipping from the 1988 World Series and said “scoreboard.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)