Jun 12, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
The details of the Dodgers-Dbacks melee last night are here. Here are some pretty good pictures from it from the Associated Press, however.
A pre-plunking Puig:
Zack Greinke, using his previously-broken shoulder to protect his much more valuable head. And likely thinking “why was I not ejected after I threw at Miguel Montero? And why did my manager send me up to bat this inning when I was not going to pitch the next inning?
I look at Don Mattingly and Alan Trammell scuffling and I feel like we need more of those Jack Lemmon-Walter Matthau movies. “Grumpy Old Coaches” or something:
McGwire, telling Kirk Gibson what he thinks of his grit, probably. I kinda hope Gibson held up a clipping from the 1988 World Series and said “scoreboard.”
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)