Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
Ike Davis made his debut for Las Vegas last night. He went 0 for 3 with two walks and two strikeouts. So I guess Wally Backman hasn’t fixed him yet, putting uncertainty into the Mets managerial search!
Well, OK, it was only one game. And according to this New York Post story, Backman did actually change something in Ike Davis’ first Triple-A game, attempting to eliminate a hitch in his swing. It took for a couple of at bats at least.
Maybe we shouldn’t focus so much on a minor leaguer like this. But man, it’s more interesting than thinking too hard about actual current New York Mets.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)