Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Ike Davis made his debut for Las Vegas last night. He went 0 for 3 with two walks and two strikeouts. So I guess Wally Backman hasn’t fixed him yet, putting uncertainty into the Mets managerial search!
Well, OK, it was only one game. And according to this New York Post story, Backman did actually change something in Ike Davis’ first Triple-A game, attempting to eliminate a hitch in his swing. It took for a couple of at bats at least.
Maybe we shouldn’t focus so much on a minor leaguer like this. But man, it’s more interesting than thinking too hard about actual current New York Mets.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)