Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Ike Davis made his debut for Las Vegas last night. He went 0 for 3 with two walks and two strikeouts. So I guess Wally Backman hasn’t fixed him yet, putting uncertainty into the Mets managerial search!
Well, OK, it was only one game. And according to this New York Post story, Backman did actually change something in Ike Davis’ first Triple-A game, attempting to eliminate a hitch in his swing. It took for a couple of at bats at least.
Maybe we shouldn’t focus so much on a minor leaguer like this. But man, it’s more interesting than thinking too hard about actual current New York Mets.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 68
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)