Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Ike Davis made his debut for Las Vegas last night. He went 0 for 3 with two walks and two strikeouts. So I guess Wally Backman hasn’t fixed him yet, putting uncertainty into the Mets managerial search!
Well, OK, it was only one game. And according to this New York Post story, Backman did actually change something in Ike Davis’ first Triple-A game, attempting to eliminate a hitch in his swing. It took for a couple of at bats at least.
Maybe we shouldn’t focus so much on a minor leaguer like this. But man, it’s more interesting than thinking too hard about actual current New York Mets.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)