Jun 12, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
More rough news for Nats catcher Wilson Ramos.
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Ramos aggravated his strained left hamstring Wednesday while doing first-to-third running drills at the Nationals’ spring training complex in Viera, Florida. He has been shut down indefinitely and is unlikely to return before the mid-July All-Star break.
Ramos, who was kidnapped in his native Venezuela in November 2011, played in only 25 games during the 2012 regular season due to knee issues and has appeared in just 14 games here in 2013 because of lingering hamstring problems.
Kurt Suzuki will continue to serve as the Nationals’ primary catcher. Jhonatan Solano is his backup.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)