Jun 12, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
More rough news for Nats catcher Wilson Ramos.
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Ramos aggravated his strained left hamstring Wednesday while doing first-to-third running drills at the Nationals’ spring training complex in Viera, Florida. He has been shut down indefinitely and is unlikely to return before the mid-July All-Star break.
Ramos, who was kidnapped in his native Venezuela in November 2011, played in only 25 games during the 2012 regular season due to knee issues and has appeared in just 14 games here in 2013 because of lingering hamstring problems.
Kurt Suzuki will continue to serve as the Nationals’ primary catcher. Jhonatan Solano is his backup.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)