Jun 12, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Yasiel Puig Mania will have to take a night off.
According to MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick, the young outfielder has been scratched from the Dodgers’ starting lineup for Wednesday night’s game against the Diamondbacks due to soreness in his right shoulder. Puig was penciled in to hit cleanup for the third straight game but he took one round of pregame batting practice and then left the field with a trainer.
Alex Castellanos will start in right field against Arizona lefty Patrick Corbin, who is 9-0 with a 1.98 ERA and 1.04 WHIP in 81 2/3 innings this season. Puig is available to run and can maybe pinch-hit, so he should be allowed to return to action on Friday night after Thursday’s scheduled team off day.
The 22-year-old Cuban defector has batted .471/.500/.882 with four home runs and 10 RBI over his first nine major league games. He was plunked in the nose by an Ian Kennedy pitch on Tuesday night and was loosely involved in the benches-clearing brawl that happened one inning later.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
He’s reportedly uninjured, though details are scarce at the moment.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Barring some trades he’ll fill a middle relief role for the bullpen-rich Royals in 2015.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
“Their interest in the lefty appears as much opportunistic as enthusiastic.”
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of A.J. Hinch’s children?
Nov 27, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The AL Central seems to be particularly fond of free agent pitcher Justin Masterson.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Padres have three worthy catchers and all of them are drawing trade interest.
Nov 27, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Billy Butler, now with the Athletics, thanked Royals fans for an “amazing ride” in Kansas City.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Martinez was passed over for the manager job in Tampa Bay.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Here’s the farewell Instagram post from third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who signed a five-year, $98 million free agent contract with the Red Sox earlier this week …
Nov 26, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
Jackson was limited to 11 minor league games in 2014 due to a right wrist injury that ultimately required surgery.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:43 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Padres have shown interest in trading for Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp …
Nov 26, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
The Dbacks were not in the picture until very recently. But better late than never.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 26, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
Don’t tell the people who like to hang out in the bleachers. They may not realize it, actually.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
It sorta makes sense I guess, even if it never goes down.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Rodriguez was projected to make around $2 million via arbitration.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)