Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
No team has gotten less production from first basemen than the Brewers, but help is not on the way any time soon, as general manager Doug Melvin said during a radio interview that Corey Hart may not be ready to come off the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Hart has yet to play this season following knee surgery and in his absence Brewers first basemen have hit (or “hit”) .183 with four homers.
Hart has repeatedly expressed optimism about various return timetables, only to miss them without a ton of progress being made. He hasn’t even started running at full speed yet.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)