Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
No team has gotten less production from first basemen than the Brewers, but help is not on the way any time soon, as general manager Doug Melvin said during a radio interview that Corey Hart may not be ready to come off the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Hart has yet to play this season following knee surgery and in his absence Brewers first basemen have hit (or “hit”) .183 with four homers.
Hart has repeatedly expressed optimism about various return timetables, only to miss them without a ton of progress being made. He hasn’t even started running at full speed yet.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)