Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
No team has gotten less production from first basemen than the Brewers, but help is not on the way any time soon, as general manager Doug Melvin said during a radio interview that Corey Hart may not be ready to come off the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Hart has yet to play this season following knee surgery and in his absence Brewers first basemen have hit (or “hit”) .183 with four homers.
Hart has repeatedly expressed optimism about various return timetables, only to miss them without a ton of progress being made. He hasn’t even started running at full speed yet.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)