Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
No team has gotten less production from first basemen than the Brewers, but help is not on the way any time soon, as general manager Doug Melvin said during a radio interview that Corey Hart may not be ready to come off the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Hart has yet to play this season following knee surgery and in his absence Brewers first basemen have hit (or “hit”) .183 with four homers.
Hart has repeatedly expressed optimism about various return timetables, only to miss them without a ton of progress being made. He hasn’t even started running at full speed yet.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)