Jun 13, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Ruiz has been sidelined since May 19 with a Grade 2 strain of his right hamstring. The plan calls for him to play with Lehigh Valley on Saturday and Sunday before taking the day off Monday and playing with Double-A Reading on Tuesday and Wednesday. Barring any setbacks, this will set up him to return from the disabled list next Friday.
Ruiz missed the first 25 games of the season while serving a suspension for Adderall use. The 34-year-old backstop was batting just .235/.286/.275 with two doubles and two RBI in 16 games prior to the injury. He’s slated to become a free agent this offseason.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 253
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (253)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)