Jun 13, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Ruiz has been sidelined since May 19 with a Grade 2 strain of his right hamstring. The plan calls for him to play with Lehigh Valley on Saturday and Sunday before taking the day off Monday and playing with Double-A Reading on Tuesday and Wednesday. Barring any setbacks, this will set up him to return from the disabled list next Friday.
Ruiz missed the first 25 games of the season while serving a suspension for Adderall use. The 34-year-old backstop was batting just .235/.286/.275 with two doubles and two RBI in 16 games prior to the injury. He’s slated to become a free agent this offseason.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)