Jun 13, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Ruiz has been sidelined since May 19 with a Grade 2 strain of his right hamstring. The plan calls for him to play with Lehigh Valley on Saturday and Sunday before taking the day off Monday and playing with Double-A Reading on Tuesday and Wednesday. Barring any setbacks, this will set up him to return from the disabled list next Friday.
Ruiz missed the first 25 games of the season while serving a suspension for Adderall use. The 34-year-old backstop was batting just .235/.286/.275 with two doubles and two RBI in 16 games prior to the injury. He’s slated to become a free agent this offseason.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 151
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39