Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Rangers rookie Jurickson Profar is on his way to becoming a household name, so it’s always good to learn a little bit more about a guy we’re going to be watching for the next 15 years or so.
Luckily he revealed a few interesting tidbits during a radio interview with KTCK-AM in Dallas, including his thoughts on swimming:
Oh, I don’t like water. Water is for sharks and stuff … I always watch Discovery Channel and stuff and I see those sharks and I get scared.
And his favorite television shows:
ESPN. Let me see … Mr. Bean.
Unless there’s some other “Mr. Bean” television show I’m not aware of that means he’s watching the British comedy starring Rowan Atkinson from the early 1990s. It stopped airing in 1995 and Profar was born in 1993. Rangers reporters are going to have to follow-up on this one, I think.
Profar, who won’t be 21 years old for another eight months, has hit .292 with two homers and a .758 OPS in 19 games for the Rangers after coming into the season as Baseball America‘s top-ranked prospect.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)