Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Rangers rookie Jurickson Profar is on his way to becoming a household name, so it’s always good to learn a little bit more about a guy we’re going to be watching for the next 15 years or so.
Luckily he revealed a few interesting tidbits during a radio interview with KTCK-AM in Dallas, including his thoughts on swimming:
Oh, I don’t like water. Water is for sharks and stuff … I always watch Discovery Channel and stuff and I see those sharks and I get scared.
And his favorite television shows:
ESPN. Let me see … Mr. Bean.
Unless there’s some other “Mr. Bean” television show I’m not aware of that means he’s watching the British comedy starring Rowan Atkinson from the early 1990s. It stopped airing in 1995 and Profar was born in 1993. Rangers reporters are going to have to follow-up on this one, I think.
Profar, who won’t be 21 years old for another eight months, has hit .292 with two homers and a .758 OPS in 19 games for the Rangers after coming into the season as Baseball America‘s top-ranked prospect.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)