Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Rangers rookie Jurickson Profar is on his way to becoming a household name, so it’s always good to learn a little bit more about a guy we’re going to be watching for the next 15 years or so.
Luckily he revealed a few interesting tidbits during a radio interview with KTCK-AM in Dallas, including his thoughts on swimming:
Oh, I don’t like water. Water is for sharks and stuff … I always watch Discovery Channel and stuff and I see those sharks and I get scared.
And his favorite television shows:
ESPN. Let me see … Mr. Bean.
Unless there’s some other “Mr. Bean” television show I’m not aware of that means he’s watching the British comedy starring Rowan Atkinson from the early 1990s. It stopped airing in 1995 and Profar was born in 1993. Rangers reporters are going to have to follow-up on this one, I think.
Profar, who won’t be 21 years old for another eight months, has hit .292 with two homers and a .758 OPS in 19 games for the Rangers after coming into the season as Baseball America‘s top-ranked prospect.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (127)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)