Jun 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
We heard yesterday that suspensions would be handed out today for Tuesday’s brawl between the Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, but an official announcement will have to wait for one more day.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that MLB is now expected to announce punishments tomorrow. No word on the reason for the delay, but there was an awful lot going on during the fracas. Might as well review as much tape as possible and get it right.
Expect a long list of suspensions and fines for both players and coaches on both sides, but one thing we can say with some level of confidence is that Ian Kennedy figures to face the stiffest penalty for throwing in the direction of Zack Greinke‘s head.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)