Jun 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
We heard yesterday that suspensions would be handed out today for Tuesday’s brawl between the Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, but an official announcement will have to wait for one more day.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that MLB is now expected to announce punishments tomorrow. No word on the reason for the delay, but there was an awful lot going on during the fracas. Might as well review as much tape as possible and get it right.
Expect a long list of suspensions and fines for both players and coaches on both sides, but one thing we can say with some level of confidence is that Ian Kennedy figures to face the stiffest penalty for throwing in the direction of Zack Greinke‘s head.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)