Jun 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
We heard yesterday that suspensions would be handed out today for Tuesday’s brawl between the Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, but an official announcement will have to wait for one more day.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that MLB is now expected to announce punishments tomorrow. No word on the reason for the delay, but there was an awful lot going on during the fracas. Might as well review as much tape as possible and get it right.
Expect a long list of suspensions and fines for both players and coaches on both sides, but one thing we can say with some level of confidence is that Ian Kennedy figures to face the stiffest penalty for throwing in the direction of Zack Greinke‘s head.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)