Jun 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
We heard yesterday that suspensions would be handed out today for Tuesday’s brawl between the Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, but an official announcement will have to wait for one more day.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that MLB is now expected to announce punishments tomorrow. No word on the reason for the delay, but there was an awful lot going on during the fracas. Might as well review as much tape as possible and get it right.
Expect a long list of suspensions and fines for both players and coaches on both sides, but one thing we can say with some level of confidence is that Ian Kennedy figures to face the stiffest penalty for throwing in the direction of Zack Greinke‘s head.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 145
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (145)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)