Jun 13, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
We heard yesterday that suspensions would be handed out today for Tuesday’s brawl between the Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, but an official announcement will have to wait for one more day.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that MLB is now expected to announce punishments tomorrow. No word on the reason for the delay, but there was an awful lot going on during the fracas. Might as well review as much tape as possible and get it right.
Expect a long list of suspensions and fines for both players and coaches on both sides, but one thing we can say with some level of confidence is that Ian Kennedy figures to face the stiffest penalty for throwing in the direction of Zack Greinke‘s head.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)