Jun 13, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
Ross Detwiler is back from the disabled list after missing four weeks with a strained oblique muscle and the left-hander will rejoin the Nationals’ rotation today against the Rockies.
Coming back to start at Coors Field is never a good thing and Detwiler wasn’t particularly sharp in a rehab outing Saturday at Single-A, allowing seven this in 3.2 innings. He was fantastic before the injury, posting a 2.76 ERA and 23/10 K/BB ratio in 46 innings, and while largely being a forgotten man in Washington’s rotation Detwiler has a 3.34 ERA in 45 starts since 2011.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)