Jun 13, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
Ross Detwiler is back from the disabled list after missing four weeks with a strained oblique muscle and the left-hander will rejoin the Nationals’ rotation today against the Rockies.
Coming back to start at Coors Field is never a good thing and Detwiler wasn’t particularly sharp in a rehab outing Saturday at Single-A, allowing seven this in 3.2 innings. He was fantastic before the injury, posting a 2.76 ERA and 23/10 K/BB ratio in 46 innings, and while largely being a forgotten man in Washington’s rotation Detwiler has a 3.34 ERA in 45 starts since 2011.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45