Jun 13, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg tested his injured lat by throwing a bullpen session today and manager Davey Johnson told reporters that the right-hander felt good enough that trainers have cleared him to rejoin the Nationals’ rotation Sunday.
That would mean missing the minimum 15 days for Strasburg, who had a 2.54 ERA and 73/21 K/BB ratio in 74 innings before the injury.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)