Jun 13, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Michael Clair at Old Time Family Baseball found a gem. The Man of Steel was once an interim Little League Manager. A bad one:
Thing is, his advice ends up being better than the real manager’s advice, which is to issue an intentional walk. The real manager, by the way, happened to be a Hall of Fame Negro Leagues player. If you have a super-human alien and a baseball immortal being this awfully wrong, perhaps we ought to take it a bit easy on the Eric Wedges and Ned Yosts of the world?
Anyway, to see how it all played out, go check out Old Time Family Baseball.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 18
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 35
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)