Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
There were no beanballs or fisticuffs in last night’s Dodgers-Dbacks game, but ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers do not consider their score with Arizona to be settled:
“It’s not done,” reliever Ronald Belisario said … “If you really want to get technical about it, in baseball terms, it really shouldn’t be over,” Mattingly said.
That due to the tit-for-tat rules of beanballs. Which, while allegedly timeworn, time-tested and, in Mattingly’s view, “technical,” no one can ever agree upon. I mean, from where I’m sitting, a Dback got hit (Cody Ross), then a Dodger (Yasiel Puig), then a Dback (Miguel Montero), then a Dodger (Zack Greinke) so everyone is even. But maybe the fact that Ian Kennedy was throwing at Puig’s and Greinke’s heads means that the Dodgers get more shots at Arizona. Maybe the Ross one was unintentional and the Dodgers don’t count it. I have no idea.
All I know is that the teams still have ten more games against one another this season and if the Dodgers do what they’re implying they’ll do, someone is gonna get hurt.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)