Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
There were no beanballs or fisticuffs in last night’s Dodgers-Dbacks game, but ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers do not consider their score with Arizona to be settled:
“It’s not done,” reliever Ronald Belisario said … “If you really want to get technical about it, in baseball terms, it really shouldn’t be over,” Mattingly said.
That due to the tit-for-tat rules of beanballs. Which, while allegedly timeworn, time-tested and, in Mattingly’s view, “technical,” no one can ever agree upon. I mean, from where I’m sitting, a Dback got hit (Cody Ross), then a Dodger (Yasiel Puig), then a Dback (Miguel Montero), then a Dodger (Zack Greinke) so everyone is even. But maybe the fact that Ian Kennedy was throwing at Puig’s and Greinke’s heads means that the Dodgers get more shots at Arizona. Maybe the Ross one was unintentional and the Dodgers don’t count it. I have no idea.
All I know is that the teams still have ten more games against one another this season and if the Dodgers do what they’re implying they’ll do, someone is gonna get hurt.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)