Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
There were no beanballs or fisticuffs in last night’s Dodgers-Dbacks game, but ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers do not consider their score with Arizona to be settled:
“It’s not done,” reliever Ronald Belisario said … “If you really want to get technical about it, in baseball terms, it really shouldn’t be over,” Mattingly said.
That due to the tit-for-tat rules of beanballs. Which, while allegedly timeworn, time-tested and, in Mattingly’s view, “technical,” no one can ever agree upon. I mean, from where I’m sitting, a Dback got hit (Cody Ross), then a Dodger (Yasiel Puig), then a Dback (Miguel Montero), then a Dodger (Zack Greinke) so everyone is even. But maybe the fact that Ian Kennedy was throwing at Puig’s and Greinke’s heads means that the Dodgers get more shots at Arizona. Maybe the Ross one was unintentional and the Dodgers don’t count it. I have no idea.
All I know is that the teams still have ten more games against one another this season and if the Dodgers do what they’re implying they’ll do, someone is gonna get hurt.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 21
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)