Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
There were no beanballs or fisticuffs in last night’s Dodgers-Dbacks game, but ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers do not consider their score with Arizona to be settled:
“It’s not done,” reliever Ronald Belisario said … “If you really want to get technical about it, in baseball terms, it really shouldn’t be over,” Mattingly said.
That due to the tit-for-tat rules of beanballs. Which, while allegedly timeworn, time-tested and, in Mattingly’s view, “technical,” no one can ever agree upon. I mean, from where I’m sitting, a Dback got hit (Cody Ross), then a Dodger (Yasiel Puig), then a Dback (Miguel Montero), then a Dodger (Zack Greinke) so everyone is even. But maybe the fact that Ian Kennedy was throwing at Puig’s and Greinke’s heads means that the Dodgers get more shots at Arizona. Maybe the Ross one was unintentional and the Dodgers don’t count it. I have no idea.
All I know is that the teams still have ten more games against one another this season and if the Dodgers do what they’re implying they’ll do, someone is gonna get hurt.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)