Jun 14, 2013, 9:09 AM EDT
Maddon was so impressed with his ace that he said the plans for Price’s return would be accelerated.
“He’s actually exceeding expectations a little bit,” Maddon said. “I thought he could have pitched today in an actual game … He’s accelerated; there’s no question,” he added. “I just have to sit down and talk with everybody before I give you guys bad information. I just saw a guy who was a lot further along than we thought.”
He’ll still likely do a rehab assignment next week, but don’t be surprised if it only lasts one start.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)